Chanel Vanites and Illusion D’Ombre Mirifique

I've been after a good purple eyeshadow palette for some time now and after seeing a review on Cafe Makeup on Chanel Vanites quad, I knew I had to get my hands on the palette. Strawberrynet had a 10% off discount a couple of weeks ago and excitedly added Vanites to my cart.

Vanites is beautiful to look at in the pan with a mix of purple shades of deep eggplant purple, silver purple, a duochrome gold/purple and lilac. I had high expectations of the palette but was extremely disappointed with the lack of pigmentation. I suspect the colours would be more pigmented when applied over a primer.





Illusion D'Ombre are part of Chanel fall collection and I picked up Mirifique to use as an eyeliner. I love the silver glitter specked through Mirifique. You can see from the swatch below that Mirifique can be sheered out for a less intense look.



Here's me wearing Vanites and Mirifique, trying out both products for the first time.


4 comments:

  1. I love how you used Mirifique! So pretty. I have Ebloui and Illusoire, and am waiting on Epatant and Mirifique to arrive. Your post makes me more excited! :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only own one Chanel palette and the pigmentation is shocking too:(
    But I love my Illusion D'Ombre, I have it in Epatant. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully you'll have better luck with Vanities using a base. I had a makeover with the quad and it was terrible. It was sheer with tons of glitter fallout. Mirifique is a great color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i need to hit up the chanel counter!
    xx

    http://nanakkii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails